Body Image Series - How to dress for your size

As much as I am a believer that you should wear whatever you are comfortable in I also am a strong believer that if you wear the correct things you can manipulate the way your body looks to others.

My general outfits are jeans with band t-shirts when I'm just at uni or not going anywhere special or jeans and a blouse if I'm feeling a bit more girly. I also often wear casual dresses with leggings and I love converse, my Doc Martens and little ballet pumps.



As someone who likes to eat I have to be careful about how I dress. 90% of my dresses gather under my bust and then are pretty floaty. This is a great style for me as under my bust is the smallest part of my torso. My hips and waist are huge and so anything that gathers further down makes me look wider and is not flattering at all. I can pick up clothing and know straight away if it won't suit me which makes shopping a lot easier!



Last week I posted about some new clothes I got recently from ASDA. If you've not read the post you can find it here. Two of the dresses do gather under the bust. One is a maxi dress so the same principle applies and the other two are just t-shirt dresses that are straight up and down. This is also a good style for me as it means nothing clings to my lumps and bumps and they're just an easy and comfortable thing to wear.


As a lot of my weight is carried on my legs I often feel uncomfortable wearing nothing on my legs with dresses. I have a few pairs of trusty leggings of different lengths to complete my outfits and make me feel much more confident.

Comments