Tapasya Influencer Event - New menu!

I was lucky enough to be invited to an event to sample the new menu. Tapasya have two locations in Hull - one on Beverley Road and one on the Marina. Last year I went to taste their high tea at the Marina and was impressed with the food and location.



This time round it was the Beverley Road venue where the event was held. I've not been there before despite hearing good reviews. A lot of people I've talked to wrongly assumed that the restaurant was a tapas bar and so I asked what the meaning of 'Tapasya' is. Apparently it has a few meanings and google also agrees with this. The word itself is often linked to Religion. It has links to spiritulisation and liberation.


The new menu is due to a new chef at the restaurant who has worked in many places, starting off in New Delhi. He's even worked in one of the towns I lived in when I was younger. Spices are ground on site which personally I feel definitely adds to the fine dining experience.


The venue itself is decorated amazingly and has an open kitchen that you can see into from the main dining area. Something else I noticed was the toilets. As someone who hates using toilets that are not my own I was relieved to say they were clean, there was toilet roll and soap. I know a lot of people wouldn't even notice but to me this is important! The restaurant also has a hygiene rating of 5.



Now for the food....

We were given a vegetable samosa parcel as an amuse-bouche.


I chose Murgi Nazakat as a starter which is described as 'Charcoal grilled chicken breast three ways - mint and basil, poppy seed and Kashmiri chilli, and cracked black pepper and dill. Served with a mint chutney'.


Next up I had Tandoori Jheenga 'Tandoori grilled king prawns in garlic and lemongrass'. We were also served up all the sides which were: Dal Tadka 'Yellow lentils - the speciality of the house', Dhinri Mattar 'Button mushrooms tossed with fresh garden peas', Saag Makai 'Creamed spinach with baby corn, tempered with garlic', Basmati rice and a selection of Naan breads.




For dessert I chose Gajar Halwa 'Carrot pudding served with or without ice cream'.


I loved all the food I had, everything was so full of flavours and had a lovely kick. I do love spicy food and yes the food provided this but in a way that food had almost different depths of flavours with some of it being fragrant with a kick at the same time. Even if you're not a lover of spice I'd say to give this place a go - it's just too good to miss.



 Thankfully I'm not a fussy eater but I have to say as someone who is trying to lose weight (and finally succeeding?!) and also loves Indian food I was a little worried about what food I could chose to try not to completely ruin the diet. This place is completely different to your Saturday night Indian takeaway - it is fine dining after all! - but it is absolutely worth going to. It'd be perfect for a date night or somewhere to take people for a special occasion.


Thanks for inviting me along Tapasya, you'll see me again!

Comments

Post a Comment