Slimming World | What do I do next?

I'm struggling. Like, a lot. I thought after eating lots of food that's not great for me I'd want to get straight back to it, be really good and be losing weight again straight away...this hasn't happened and the more I try at the moment the worse I'm getting.

I had a day last week where I was good all day, I stuck to plan...I even measured out six syns of wine and then I shoved chocolate AND crisps down after too, for not reason.

I know I want to lose weight because I can now for sure see where I've put it on. I feel fat, gross and ugly and that it's all gone to my face. Whilst I'm sat writing this I feel like I have about six takeaways weight just on my chin and it doesn't make me feel good about myself. I know I like slimming world and I know I can do it so why I'm struggling so much I just don't know. My heart just isn't in it even though I know it's what I want.

I think I need to maybe do a more extreme diet to get myself back into the swing of things and then at least Slimming World won't seem so hard? I'm considering doing the 5:2 again but maybe making it a bit more my own? So maybe something about 100 calories for lunch and then a Slimming World friendly meal for tea but still keeping the calories low. This way if and when I do actually transition to Slimming World it'll be easier. I also don't want my non fast days to be made up of crappy food so although I'll allow myself some flexibility I am going to calorie count so I don't go too crazy.

I know I have always struggled with my weight and the reality is I always will. I love food, the wrong kinds of food and in stupidly big portions. It's difficult for me to grasp that this is something I will more than likely be fighting with for the rest of my life but I need to do something so that the rest of my life isn't plagued with diabetes, immobility and potentially even capped because of my greed.

Comments