Housing with Hannah | Part Nine - Shopping that leaves a bad taste in my mouth

I've been looking at furniture, colour schemes, house layouts, white goods, the list goes on...now ever since my offer was accepted on the first house. I've been trying to work out what is best for my money and what can wait. I've even made a list of the small things that will probably end up costing a fortune all in.

When my friend came down the other weekend (she's also just bought a house), it seemed like the perfect opportunity to wander around some of the bigger shops and see what is out there at the moment. There's a big industrial estate nearby that has all sorts...there's sofa shops, furniture places, etc etc. This is where we headed rather than the usual trip into town as it's more fun to us both at the moment and makes a nice change.

My car key broke when we arrived and the wind nearly took the doors off the car but other than that I was in a good mood and ready for my shop. Stonehouse and Barker was the first shop we decided to visit. Personally I love it, I think it seems amazing quality and I love how quirky some of the pieces are. I know it's an expensive place but it's nice to look and get ideas. As I wandered round I heard various sales people chat to couples who were in the store looking and saw another couple start the process of making an order...but not once did either of us get a smile, a nod or even a hello from any of the sales team. It is not like they were short staffed either, those places never are.

I don't know if I'm just getting offended for no reason or what but I'm getting tired of this happening. I don't know if it's because of my age, or the fact I look younger than I am, or because I'm female, or what. I was a potential customer no matter who I am and although I love looking around the shop it's definitely put me off actually giving them any business.

Comments