A year round up - the highs and lows

Today officially marks a year since I graduated and a year since I moved into a non student, non parent house. To say this last year has been a roller coaster would be a serious understatement. I think I've probably grown the most in this past year that through my whole three years at uni. Let's talk about the high and low lights.

Moving properly away from home: I may have moved out to uni but holidays always meant being at my parents and I was always registered as living at home too until this point. I was excited about what the future would hold at this point but scared and nervous too as I had no job lined up.

Getting my first real life adult job: And hating it a few weeks later. Making the hardest decision between leaving and being jobless again or sticking it out, hating it and potentially getting sacked.

Quitting my first real life adult job: The horrible feeling that I'd not be able to find anything better/anything at all. Worrying also that I wouldn't be able to claim any benefits and that I'd have literally no money to live off.

The feeling of failure and despair every time I went to the job centre: I know that place is there to help and as a place to report when things got bad, but to me it was something I struggled with on a weekly basis. I hated the atmosphere of the place and the stigma. I needed the money but every week I felt like a failure as I still had no work.

My second real life adult job: Came at one of the hardest points of the year. I was beginning to feel worried for what my near future was to hold and was almost desperate for a job. I loved this job and was sad to eventually give it up (3 months after I started my third real life adult and full time job). Sadly this job was very few hours and so didn't hold much of a future for me but with getting the job around Christmas I got lots of overtime and even traveled to other stores to help out.

My third real life adult job: I was told I got this job in December and eventually began working there in March....

Getting a car: This is something I've wanted for a very long time but I was trying to re-build savings I had spent during the not so great previous months. Getting a car gave me back a lot of freedom and I honestly am so grateful to be able to afford to run a car.

Moving house: Again... This was probably more stressful that the first time.

Leaving my second job: This wasn't an easy choice. As I've already said I loved my job but just felt that working full time plus another job wasn't ever going to work out!

Buying a house: I don't want to jinx anything as it's not all 100% yet. But yes it looks like I've actually got my own place!

I must say that this year has been very trying, it's tested me in ways I never expected but I believe I've come out the other end a much happier person. It's been about a year since I said I'm proud of myself and all I've achieved so far, this most recent year just proves to me I have even more to be proud of. I'd even go as far as calling myself successful. It makes me happy to think of the people who thought so low and so little of me. Look at me now.

Comments

  1. Wow when your write it down you realise how much of a busy year you have had. I am glad that things are looking up for you now and lets hope you have got this house which you deserve.

    Charlotte
    www.cupsofcharlotte.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment