Project Pan/Empties

With moving house I've been trying to declutter a bit more than usual (yes, that was last month). I've also been trying to cut down my make up collection to things I actually use - this just happens to have coincided with moving. So because of this I've decided to do Project Pan.

I'm not completely sure of the way it works. I just know that the idea is to use things up - something as a bit of a make up junky that I don't do all that often!

My aim for the year is to try and use up 100 products. These will mostly be things like deodorant, shampoo etc however I am going to try and make around 30 items make up products. I have lots of travel and sample sized products and I'll try and include these too (I've used a few face masks recently that are not included).

This is what I've managed to use up since moving house, so roughly in the past six weeks.


Dove is my usual go to shampoo and conditioner but I'll only buy it is it is on offer... Andrew Barton I was given at a blogger event and I liked but I always feel that hair products packaged like this go so quickly. I also used up a Weleda mini shampoo, a HIP shampoo and John Frieda brunette conditioner. I can't say I rate or hate any of the minis as don't feel I can fully judge on that amount of product.


I usually use Micellar water to remove my make up but have had these Simple products lying around for a while so made a concious effort to use them up. I won't be buying the Simple things again just as I like Micellar water a lot more.


Body washes - The honey miel smelt a little strong for me however a little went a long way which is always good. The nspa lemon again was quite a strong scent but I used quite a lot as a bubble bath and has lasted me ages. I would definitely buy from the nspa range in the future.


Right guard deodorant will always be what I go for first unless it's expensive. I also used up a mini Nivea I've been carrying around in my handbag for way too long.


Batiste dry shampoo hands down beats any other type of dry shampoo by miles. I don't know how they are so good but there will always be a special place in my heart for them they're that good. The superdrug one on the left I do not recommend and has taken me ages to use as I just really do not rate it at all. It left my hair feeling like there was loads of product in it, didn't actually make an awful lot of difference to what my hair looked like and would sometimes even leave brown marks on my hands which is just gross. 


This bit is the bit I am really proud of myself for! 'Oreal Infallible matte foundation - one of my favourites, have repurchased. Revlon Colourstay another favourite and again something I have repurchased. Essence stay all day concealer, I liked but probably won't buy again as it was quite thin. A Mac mascara sample, really liked but probably won't buy the full size! A brown eyeliner (not even sure what brand from) that I have had for ages and never use...not used up but time to bin for sure. Finally, the Max Factor creme puff blush in alluring rose. Love love love this, but will probably try and use some other similar things up I have before buying again.


Okay...so this may make me sound weird but I don't care...I loved this toothbrush. It was from Wisdom and I will definitely be buying from them in the future. Perfume is FCUK friction which I've had agessssss and loved but is now finally all used up. Have lots of other perfumes to use so doubt I will repurchase this any time soon. 

I am really proud of how many things I've managed to use up recently, especially make up wise as I'm so rubbish usually. This is a total of 24 items in 6 weeks! Bring on the next six...

Comments