Trying something new

For Lent I decided to give up takeaway as I was spending too much money, eating too much, eating badly and definitely not losing any weight! I also decided to put myself on a spending ban. I've not been spending out of control or anything but I know that some money I spend is basically a waste so for Lent I shall only be spending money that I absolutely need to.

However after Lent starting I decided I need to do something more drastic about my weight loss. I had heard of something called Lipotrim from a friend and researched the diet. It's something previously I would have definitely said no to. Giving up food and replacing it with shakes always seemed like a quick fix and something I wouldn't be able to stick to. At the moment I just want to get the weight off - I struggle with keeping it off not getting it off and so finding a quicker way to get to the hard part doesn't seem all that stupid to me. After preparing myself for this diet I decided to try something else first. Slim Fast. I bought the shake powders a couple of weeks ago when they were on offer so decided it would be a waste to not use them.

I started Slim Fast on Mondy and only plan on doing it for about a week before giving Lipotrim a try. I know that I need to change my relationship with food to keep the weight off and that what I'm doing might not be the most healthy of ways to lose weight however  for that reason I am trying to keep what I do eat mostly healthy.

On Slim Fast for any of you who don't know you replace two meals in a day with shakes, eat one 600 calorie meal and are allowed 3 snacks of up to 100 calories each. These snacks are meant to be their snacks or fruit however I'm not sticking 100% to this for ease and also variety. I am only meant to have water to drink and should do about 30 minutes of exercise a day.

For me, I thought the biggest concern would be no chocolate, crisps etc however actually I'm finding no tea and coffee almost impossible. I often have upwards of 5 cups of tea a day and at least 2 coffees so the caffeine withdrawal headache is very real. If someone gave me the choice now of coffee or chocolate I'd take the coffee and run. My evening meals I'm not counting every calorie and instead am wanting to have a balanced diet so meat, veg and a smaller amount of carbs than I would usually eat. I'm hoping this will help with when  I go back to eating food rather than shakes.

Comments