Winter make up ft. Adore Me

Although we are now coming to the end of the winter (I hope, it's way too cold!) today's post is all about more of a winter make up look. Often I don't chose my make up based on the weather but I have noticed a few changes I tend to make when the weather is a bit colder outside.

This is kind of a cross between my everyday in summer and winter, the bold lip I love in winter but this eye look is more what I tend to go for in the warmer months!
My day to day look tends to include a nude/pink lip with matte brown shadows and a black thick liner. However, I have recently been loving using a golden brown liquid/gel shadow to just give a wash of colour and skipping the liner. I started off skipping the liner as I had sore eyes but have actually grown to love the less is more look. Pairing this look with a bold lip gives the perfect finish. There's just so many options.
This is the look I've been loving recently. Both lips, a wash of colour on the eyes and a fairly heavy contour, blush, highlight combo.
                  These are the products I used to create the look in the second picture. Bold lip from Rimmel Kate 107.                                    
There's nothing nicer in the winter than snuggling down in front of a warm fire, in cosy clothes with a nice warm drink. Teaming a bold lip with comfy clothes such as those pictured below from Adore Me would be perfect. Although it may seem silly to wear a bold lip with pyjamas I often do this - infact I'm wearing pyjamas and a bold lip as I'm writing this now! I often feel a bold lip makes me feel more confident and also (I'm sure I'm not the only one) the underwear I'm wearing can massively affect how I feel about myself. One thing I am very pleased about when looking on the Adore Me site is that there is a plus size section and also that they actually stock my size! I often find places that do make underwear in my size don't make pretty bras in it. This site has many many pretty bras that I could wear. 


Comments