Life | Update

How to describe how I feel on a day to day basis as quickly as possible?

Fed up. Frustrated. Tired. Bored.

But first. Some good news. I GOT A JOB. Yay, it's just a weekend four hour contract but I've already been working more than the four hours a week and with it coming up to Christmas I'm lucky that I should be working a lot more than just my contracted hours. I've only done a few shift but I'm really enjoying it so far - I even enjoyed a shift which meant me getting up at 5.20am to be there on time!

So yes, I'm in a better situation than I was and yes, I'm very glad to be doing something. BUT, because I am still claiming JSA (you can up to working a certain number of hours in a week) I still need to be applying for other jobs and recently at a meeting I was basically told I'm not doing enough. This means I've had to step up what I'm doing to still get my money that I need to live off... It's all a bit crap really because I'm happy where I am (more hours would be nice but whatever I'm given I'm grateful for).

My days are becoming very repetitive and I'm getting bored. Going to work breaks my boring routine and so I look forward to a day at work. My days seem to be filled with applying for jobs I don't want, jobs I may hate or at the other extreme a few jobs I would LOVE but know I'll never get. It's frustrating living in a world where, I have a degree and I have quite a lot of good skills from jobs I've had during my lifetime and yet still it's hard for me to get a job.

I feel like there's a lot of pressure on me to apply for jobs I could do and no choice of what I actually want to do and I think that the way benefits work needs to seriously be reconsidered. It would be amazing if someone would listen to little old me and my opinions but it seems that actually the government don't care. It's a shame the people who 'make the rules' probably have never been in this situation themselves, so will never understand just what a crap situation it is to be in.

Comments