Book Review | The Girl on the Train, Paula Hawkins


I got this book for my birthday and ironically read it on the train. I read the whole thing in less than 24 hours and cannot recommend this book enough.

Without spoiling anything the story is written from more than one persons point of view. You follow Rachel mostly. A woman going through a difficult time of her life. Everyday she commutes to London to work and over the months she begins trying to piece together people's lives that she passes everyday on the train.

However, she's more closely linked to those people than you realise and when one of the women who she's made up a life for in her head goes missing, she begins to question who she really is and what she is capable of.

To begin with I struggled to follow the book as the dates across the people do not line up, however as I got more into the book, the dates not lining up made a lot more sense.

It's a really really good book and I do not often say that. I know I enjoyed it by how quickly I read it - usually I don't read a book quicker than in a month.

Comments