Life | It's amazing how things can change - I QUIT!

So at the start of the week I made a life changing decision.

I quit my job...

Any of you who know me personally probably know I wasn't exactly happy and it wasn't the kind of job I had expected to end up in. However, it was a job and an income to pay my rent and bills etc. I was literally getting to the point where the job was affecting my every day life: I almost found it impossible to get up in the mornings and my moods were so inconsistent it was like I was permeant PMS - ing!

I tried really hard to force myself to suit the job, I really did. I try to the best in literally everything I do - even if it is just making cheese on toast and so the fact that something didn't gel with me was hard. I know they say sales isn't for everyone but I really tried to make it for me. I am not a quitter and so making the final decision to leave was difficult to say the least.

I weighed up pros and cons for a number of hours before finally deciding that defeat is actually okay and leaving gave me more time to put into applications for a job I'll hopefully enjoy.

Some people probably think it's weak or even pathetic for me to have done what I did. Yes, I know jobs aren't easy to just walk into and I know that life with no income is hard work...I've done it all before and even knowing all that I was prepared to do it again for the sake of my happiness.

Comments

  1. I don't think you're weak nor pathetic for quitting your job. Actually it's pretty brave.. like you say , having a job means you've got an income stream. I think we spend too much time at work to not be happy there. I hope you find something you enjoy doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Fingers crossed there's something good coming along soon x

      Delete

Post a Comment