Life | Am I bipolar?

Train journeys make me mad. The trains themselves are unreliable, smell, cost a fortune are cramped and stuffy. And the people on them? Well I know we all have to get from a to b but you don't half find some characters on a train..


I'm currently sat on a train writing this. It won't get posted today but just to set the scene. I got up at 6.30 this morning and I've spent 9 hours at work. I'm still in work clothes and have a little suitcase with me. I'm off to see my parents for the weekend and as much as I love them, every time I do this I wonder why I'm putting myself through this journey once again. 

I've already missed one connection as my first train was late even leaving the station and so I'm going to arrive one minute after the next connection leaves too. Usually I'd be able to get a direct train to Manchester and then a short train to my town. However due to the time I finished work today that has not been possible and I feel like I'm on a little bit of a wild goose chase. It is currently 8.43pm and I won't arrive in my town till around 10 - if things go to plan from now on. 

One kind of person/group of people you always find on the train are drunks. Especially at the weekend. Today it's a group of middle aged men from (I'm guessing from their accent and where the train is going) Liverpool. When I first got on the train I had to stand for a while as there were no seats. One man kept making awkward eye contact with me. Another ate half the contents of McDonald's and another asked if I needed a hand to put my suitcase up when I eventually got to sit. 

So, I'm tired, it's the end of the week and I want to be watching telly comfy with a cup of tea... And all these things probably contribute to how I am feeling right now but... I got annoyed that I was asked if I needed help. Yeah alright he may have just been being nice but I'm perfectly capable of doing that myself. I may be young, female and by myself but I can certainly look after myself. 

I've sat here flitting between being annoyed then realising he was being nice and I just can't decide how I actually feel. I know I get easily wound up when it comes to a number of things but could I actually be bipolar or do I just lose my head too easily?!

Comments