Slip into Summer 12 week challenge - it's all over!

I say it's all over but the healthy life style is not over. It's not something I'm just going to 'switch off'. After the 12 weeks I was asked to say how I felt about the whole process and what I'd change. This is what I said: 


'I have actually really enjoyed the plan especially the work outs. They challenged the boring routine I had got into and made me participate in more classes that were going on at my gym. Although they were tough, gym participation is probably one of the main things I've taken from this and aim to keep as a regular part of my week. The food side is where I struggled. I knew I would as it's something that's always been difficult for me however, there are definitely important things I have learnt along the way. Going on holiday and having some of the most stressful parts of my life whilst trying to do the challenge definitely did not help so I'm happy that I'm a couple of pounds down and that my waist is now smaller. I have turned down some foods during the 12 weeks that usually I wouldn't even think about and for that also I am proud. I am planning on continuing trying to lose some weight - hopefully this time a little faster due to less uni commitments!

If I were change anything about the plan it'd maybe be slightly more adapted to each person. For me trying to consume between 1300 and 1400 calories was not maintainable. Although sticking to this would have shown amazing results I feel it'd be weight I'd have just put back on in the near future and for that reason I tried to view the whole plan more as healthy eating than considering calories. I also would have like to have done the challenge not at such a busy time (although I know that then wouldn't have lead up to summer properly!). I am very grateful that I got this opportunity as there are definitely key things I'll be keeping with me for a long time.'

Due to this I am going to be continuing with the plan, especially using the work outs and aiming for that lovely dress! It may not be in the summer time I manage to get into the dress however I've set some long term weight loss goals and as long as I stick to them I should be well on the way to where I want to be around Christmas (yes, that's a long way away but I want to keep the weight off).

Don't forget to check out www.weirdfish.co.uk who supplied the wonderful dress and www.dwfitnessclubs.com who provided the plan. 




Comments