Greece - The missing suitcase saga

Any of you who are friends with me on facebook probably already know about this incident. It was early morning and our flight had just landed back in Manchester. Passport control took a while to get through and all I wanted to do was get home, have some food and have a nap.

Walking up to the luggage carousel I saw my suitcase, made a break through the crowd and lugged my suitcase off the carousel. One look at it and I realised it wasn't actually mine. This one had a different lock and a scarf attached to it. So I put it back and continued to wait. I thought about how unusual this was as normally I'm the only person with the suitcase I have!

A few minutes went by and the joke was even made that the other person could have taken mine making the same mistake as me just not realising. I wandered off to the toilets and returned to find still no suitcase. At this point it was evident that the other person with the same case had taken mine and I started to panic.

I took the case to the help desk and explained what had happened... The name on the baggage didn't have a mobile number - just a travel agencies number and it was too early to call. I ended up leaving the airport without a suitcase.

When I found my dad I just started crying. I had nothing at home to wear or anything and I was so worried I wouldn't get my suitcase back ever let alone before I was returning to hull! 

In the afternoon I had decided I would go to the charity shop near by and the asda and see what I could find to make it seem like I'd not lost my belongings! Just as I was about to head out I got a call to say that the person who had my suitcase had returned it to the airport and thought I was going to have to go back to the airport to get it. Instead I was told a courier could bring it to me that afternoon! (Previously i had been told it might not be returned to me for up to four days) 

I was so pleased to have it back - even though it was about 12 hours after I should have had it and even more pleased to see everything was still in it! 

Comments