I'm fat - but I'm okay with that!

Any of you who read my posts regularly know that weight, diet, weight loss, fat shaming etc etc play a big part in my life. All of my adult life (and even before that really) I've had to deal with degrading comments, people shaming me for my size and other people's opinions.

I've got to a stage in my life where although words can hurt and although people still make comments, I actually don't care. I'm not 100% comfortable with how I look and often if I see a picture of me I'm not happy with my size but there are equally times where I think 'You know what, I look okay'.

Now I'm not saying I'm amazing, or that any size or shape or figure is right or wrong but I'm also not going to say anymore that it's wrong to be my size. I am whatever size I am at that time and that's just something I'm okay about. I like food, I eat too much, I eat the wrong things..And I enjoy every fucking mouthful (obviously I don't eat the wrong things all the time, or even most of the time, just more frequently that I should).

I exercise and the more I go to the gym the more benefits I see. My general health is fine and as far as I'm concerned I'm not worried about my fitness levels. In the long run I do plan on losing weight, however I know for me to maintain a weight I am happy at I'm still going to be enjoying some treats that a lot of people would probably recommend I cut out. I'd love in a year or so to be the same weight I was when I started uni as I know then I was very proud of the weight loss I had achieved up to that point and I was feeling much better in myself. Until then though I refuse to let comments or the opinion of others upset me. I'm more than a weight and if people cannot see past that then they're not important to me.

If you want to check out the people involved in the 12 week slip into summer plan go to www.weirdfish.co.uk and www.dwfitnessclubs.com



Comments

  1. I think you have a healthy attitude. Best of luck with the challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment