Book review - Linwood Barclay, No Time for Goodbye


I bought this book a couple of years ago now from a charity shop and when it's term time at uni I don't tend to read so it was added to the pile of books I have that I've not read. 

It's based on the life of a girl who wakes up one morning with a hangover and after an argument with her family to find that her family were gone. There was no trace of them being there the night before. Years later she hires an investigator to try and find out what happened to her family. She's assumed they're dead after all those years however the story is a lot more complicated than that!

I read this book in a couple of days and absolutely loved it. I was constantly trying to work out what I thought was going to happen and guessed a few things however the end of the book was really good. I'd recommend this book to pretty much anyone. One of my friends also read it on holiday and she seemed to enjoy it to and I've now passed it on to my mum as I think she'll really like it too.

I'd give this book 9 out of 10.

Comments