D - Disorders

Something I've been wanting to write into a blog post for a while but just not sure how to write. I believe anyone who has a disorder has a right to medical care and attention, therapy, etc etc.

When I say disorder what's the first thing you think of? Anorexia? Bulemia? Biopola?

The disorder of something is something not being of an order. So to me a disorder covers a lot more things that maybe spring to mind.

The thing I really want people to consider being a disorder is obesity and being overweight. There is no question that people who are seriously underweight often have a disorder and I believe that also some people who are seriously overweight do too have an actual mental problem.

Yes it's difficult to lose weight, I know, I've been there, I'm there right now, it is part of my everyday.

People just think I'm lazy, I'm greedy, I just eat too much. But that's not the whole picture. Yes, I can be lazy...but I also like going to the gym, it makes me feel like I've actually done something good and I like monitoring my progress. And yes I can be greedy, but can't anyone?

I'm not trying to say I need help. I think help should be there if I want it. I don't, I want to lose weight for me. I am, slowly, but it's breaking the mentality behind it that is difficult.

I know for a fact that it will do me good if I don't eat certain foods but that doesn't stop me craving them. I'm not good at controlling the cravings and 9 times out of 10 I give in to them. Even being in control of my own shopping doesn't help, I still buy stuff I know I'd be better off without because I know if I don't I'll just buy it at a later date. It's not that I don't want to stop eating it either, I really do I'm just trying to break habits.

I just want there to be more of an understanding. It's sometimes like there is a mental block between what I know is right and the fact I WANT chocolate.

Comments