Weigh in Wednesday - How I got on with the first week of 5:2

Being back at uni meant finally having control of my food again. At home there was too much around to tempt me and unless I offered to cook all the time I had no idea what I was eating for the rest of the day! I've been back in Hull for a week now and started 5:2 properly last Tuesday.

It's actually gone pretty well. On my non fast days I can actually eat quite a lot of food which I've been taking advantage of! Fast days - just 500 calories even haven't been as awful as I thought. Knowing the day after I can basically eat what I like has kept me going and I'm pretty proud of myself. I've not really felt as though I've been on a diet at all which is nice as within my calorie allowance I've still been able to eat chocolate and crisps.

This first week I'm not entirely sure if/what I've lost as the scales I have aren't massively accurate but this next week I'm going to try and weigh myself properly to monitor weight loss. I think I've lost about 5 pounds though.

Properly planning meals has even had a positive affect on my bank balance as I'm buying only exactly what I need and I'm not wasting anything which is also something that is important to me.

Exercise wise I've been swimming twice and to the gym too. I've tried to do a little something every day even if it's just a walk to keep myself from going insane when I've been revising. I've even done step ups on the stairs in our house! Not sure how long any of this will last but I'm hoping a while and I'm going to make the most of it while it does.


Comments

  1. I started the 5:2 aswell. Luckily on fast days i have a protein shake in the morning and at night which see's me right through. I go running every night aswell which has been a killer seeing as the last time i went running was 4 years ago. Good to know someone else is doing it :) Keep me updated xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot run to save my life but I do try at the gym! I went a bit off plan last week but this week I'm back to it and enjoying it again! Hope it's all going well for you xx

      Delete

Post a Comment