Body image series - Finding the right size

After breaking my winter coat the other day the search for a new one began. I hate clothes shopping at the moment because I just feel really fat and frumpy and anything I wear I feel like I look awful.

When visiting the boyfriend in Dundee last weekend I went in a few shops trying to find something I liked and as soon as I walked into New Look I remembered how much I hate shopping. It's difficult to find something I like for a start. Then the fact it needs to suit my shape when it's probably been designed for someone a heck of a lot slimmer than me.

A lot of shops don't even make clothes in my size..Why? Are they worried I might make their clothes look bad? Is it THAT bad for someone who is larger to advertise them? I mean money is money after all isn't it?

Another reason this really gets to me is that fact that a lot of people are bigger these days. What do they expect me to do? Just not wear clothes.. I mean that'd probably scar a lot of people!

Comments

  1. Chin Up Hannah!

    Everyone is beautiful, even if some shops are ignorant to different sizes!!

    Hope it gets better for you:)
    jennie x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment