Book review - Gone Girl


This book is SO GOOD!

Literally I just happened to pick this up on a whim. I didn't know it was going to be made into a film or anything when I got it I just liked the blurb and thought 'why not?'

The book is full of so many twists and turns - and as someone who seems to see things coming a lot in films and TV series I didn't see ANY of these things happening. The book changes course a lot leading to an ending I did not expect in the slightest!

For anyone who hasn't read this book I would highly recommend. I've heard that a few people have been disappointed by the ending but for me it's great as it doesn't completely tie up all lose ends - potential for another book? If there is no follow up book I'm still happy making up different scenarios for the characters in this book.


I'm pretty sad that the trailer for the film gives away one of the first twists to the story (I won't say what just incase you haven't seen the trailer either) but it makes me want to see the film less although I am wondering how well the whole story is portrayed in film.

Has anyone seen the film, is it worth seeing?

Comments