August Empties

This month seems to be a month where I've used up a lot of products so I thought I'd tell you about a few of these products, what I made of them and if I shall be repurchasing them.

Firstly a shower gel that I re-discovered when I shopped my stash here. It smells really fresh and floral and you only need a little each time.


Next another item I found when shopping my stash. A body scrub. Now I don't normally use body scrubs as I find the feeling of them really strange and they just make me feel a bit weird. However this one is one I got last Christmas and the rest of the products I really liked so I thought I'd give it a go. It's actually really nice and has a fruity smell. Maybe my fear of scrubs is a psychological thing?!


I found this lip balm when sorting through my things and I put it on but it's really dry! It literally doesn't move across your lips and it doesn't smell great so although there's product left this is getting thrown out this month too.


Another item I found when sorting was this eyeliner from Avon. I must have had it a couple of years now and as eye products aren't something you are supposed to keep for ages I decided to use it a few more times and then get rid of it. It's really easy to apply but has dried out (that's what you get for forgetting about a product!) and so after a couple of uses it's not really use-able anymore. It also doesn't come out as dark as I'd like and really easily picks up eye shadow from your eye making it quite dirty and even less black. Not sure if the faded colour is due to how long I've had this though or if it's always been this way.
Credit
Another thing I have used this month is this cleanser and toner from Weleda. This is a sample I got a while ago and have recently been using as my skin has not been co-operating. It's only a little pot and so I've used it quite quickly but it's something I really like and am considering purchasing in full size.


Dry shampoo is something I often use of a morning just to make my hair last a little longer without washing it. I used to wash my hair everyday but right now I'm trying to change this to every other day or at least 36 hours apart. This dry shampoo is for dark hair and is much better on my hair that the normal one as it makes me look like I have grey hair if I miss a bit when rubbing it in. I really like the batiste dry shampoos and I think they're just as good as the Lee Stafford one I have recently used too. This size bottle (150ml) easily lasts me a month or two and is therefore great value for money. I shall definitely be re purchasing!



Comments