ArtDeco Make Over

I went to an event at Debenhams a while ago that was really good and so when I heard there was another even on I was really looking forward to attending. After wandering around for a while and swatching a lot of really pretty eye shadows the woman at the ArtDeco counter asked if anyone wanted their make up doing. I'm often a bit dubious about this as I like to do my own make up and as I'm quite pale am worried people may make me orange or just do my make up in a way I hate.

However, I've never had my whole face of make up done at a counter before so I decided to go for it and I loved the results.


The foundation that was used was lovely and as you can see was fairly high coverage. It was a build-able one so you can easily give yourself more coverage on a bad skin day. No concealer was used on my skin which I was surprised about as usually it's something I'd not go without. I think when my Estee Lauder foundation runs out I may be purchasing this foundation to replace it.

I love the eye make up I was given. It's a look I've seen before but have no tried to re-create myself. Winged eyeliner is a complete pain to get even but it's something I'm now going to practice! Eye shadow was used to create a false lid - as I have small eyes this is supposed to open up your eyes and make them look bigger. The eyeliner used is also a dark brown (but I don't think you can tell!) which again is supposed to open up your eyes. My eyebrows were also filled in slightly in a lighter colour than I use myself but I do not always fill in my eyebrows so maybe the lighter colour is something I need to consider to give a more natural looking eyebrow.

The blush used is definitely a darker more pinky tone that I'd normally use but I think it suits my skin a lot more than I expected. I also loved the lip product used. It was a tinted balm that was a little darker than my lip colour and is something I am thinking of purchasing in the future.


Primer, eye primer and highlighter were all used on me too. These are products I do not use myself - partly because of the price. However, I think that a primer may be a good addition to my make up bag for nights out/really long days. What do you think? Are primers worth the money?

Comments