Life - Feelings

Why is it that people are so afraid to speak about and express their feelings?

I often find it difficult to express in words that string together to make a sentence the way I'm feeling. Only in the last few days I've learnt how to express my current feelings: I feel shit.

On one hand I totally don't have the right to say that. I have a home, a family who love me and we don't want for much. I'm studying at a uni I love where I have the best friends and I'm fortunate enough to be furthering my education.

I can't help how I feel though. My home life is changing again and in a week my home for the last eleven years will be half packed up and a shell of what it's always been to me. And this makes me feel shit before I even think about anything else that's going to change. I like my home, the area I live in is fine. I love my room and it's exactly how I want it. That's all about to change and it's something I find difficult to come to terms with.

We're moving to an area I've never even visited in my life. I don't know what the new house is like, my new room or anything. I know one person who will be nearby and that's through uni so locally I'll know no-one. I don't like the idea of moving into an area I know so little about.

An obvious thing to point out is that I'm leaving so much behind. I don't have many friends at home but the ones I have mean an awful lot to me. Moving away is also going to make seeing the boyfriend even more difficult than it already is.

The worst thing about moving is the way people talk to you. 'It won't affect you really with you not living at home anymore'. 'You'll be fine'. People who haven't done this before just don't understand just how difficult it is. Sometimes even the people you thought would understand don't and that hurts a hell of a lot more.

Comments