Day sixteen: Thoughts on education

Given the fact I'm at university it's probably pretty evident what some of my views on education are. Personally I think I've been lucky in education I've had pretty good teachers and been to some good schools. I'm thankful to have had the experience of school I did as I know in other countries people do not get this kind of experience and even in some countries it's only males who still go to school.

Despite what I have just said I don't believe that university is for everyone. Some of my close friends have amazing jobs and they didn't go to uni so goes to show that further education isn't the be all and end all.

Education to me is a tool that should be used accordingly. Personally when I was applying to university I thought I wanted to work in Biomedical Science which meant I had to go to university to pursue this. Now though thinking I'd like a job in social work university was not an essential step in my life but I'd not skip my university experience for anything!

Comments