K for Kite

Kind of struggled with the letter 'K' until I remembered something that happened to me when I must have been about eight years old.
I was at the beach with my Nan, Grandad and a few other family members. I was playing with some other kids on the beach that'd I'd made friends with there as you do at that age. I'd got a kite that I don't think I'd been able to fly before and the beach was the perfect opportunity.
We finally got it flying and we were running around playing games and having fun when the other kids I was playing with let go of the kite. We ran after it for a while but the wind had taken it away and I was gutted!
About an hour later after I'd had a bit of a cry and tried to get some sympathy I saw my kite coming back towards us. A man that had been out running had seen that I'd lost my kite and have brought it back to me!
Reminds me that there are still nice people out there. No matter how small a thing you do, try and do something nice for people around you.

Comments

  1. That's so sweet that he brought it back! My husband was once at the beach with a girlfriend of his (years ago) and she lost her ring. She was so upset. The next day, an elderly gentleman tracked her down and gave it to her. He'd seen her upset, so he spent all day combing the sand with his fingers in that area until he found it. He said he was sitting there, bored, and it gave him something to do.

    Visiting from the A to Z blog signup page. Great to meet you!

    Stephanie Faris, author
    30 Days of No Gossip
    http://stephie5741.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to know there are still people out there that want to help other people even if it is just something small! There's nothing worse than thinking you've lost something you really like.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely story! There aren't too many would take the time to return a kite...nice to know some people will! Thank you for sharing that! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment