E for Exams

As a second year uni student exams have been a major part of my life for the last few years.
GCSE's weren't something that I really struggled with, don't get me wrong they weren't a doddle but I didn't have to try very hard to pass. The one exam I think I worked for was my French.
A-levels were on a whole new level. I hated school when I was doing my A-levels, I felt like I was drowning and I'd never make it to uni. I doubted myself a lot and although I struggled I got the grades I needed to do my course.
When I used to say how hard A-levels were I didn't realise that uni would be worse. I love my course but with hitting double figures with the amount of exams we have in a year along with assignments too it's a lot of work.
The worst thing about an exam is you can think you are prepared and panic once you're in the room. I did this last year and actually managed to get a 0% in one of my questions, quite an achievement I know! Just glad it was something I did in first year when it didn't actually count towards my degree.
I'm just grateful now for the fact I'm so used to exams that I can normally do okay in them even if sometimes it's not quite as well as I had hoped.

Comments