B for Biomedical Science

Ever since I was little I always wanted to help other people. I was amazed at the way the body worked and the way that people could be fine one minute and seriously ill the next. This interest in science led me to dream of being a doctor. 
As I grew up I knew I'd never get the grades to be a doctor but it's still something I'd love. My GCSE options revolved mostly around science and for my A-levels I began by doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. Within a few weeks I'd dropped out of Physics, being in the minority as female with a patronising male teacher got too much and something had to give. 
I completed my three other A-levels as well as an AS called Extended Project. I wrote my extended project essay on IVF- something I was very interested in at the time. Studying sciences at A-level naturally lead me on to some form of science degree. To begin with I wanted to do Chemistry and I'm now so thankful I didn't! I eventually found a degree I liked the look of called Biomedical Science and the grades were achievable for me. I set my sights on Hull after visiting once when it had snowed. The University looked beautiful and from that day on it was decided that Hull would be where I go to continue my education. 
Today I'm in my second year choosing modules for my final year and trying to think to the future.. Maybe I will be a doctor one day. A girl can dream, right? 

Comments

  1. Your degree sounds really cool!

    I always went down the science route too, my colleagues still can't quite get over how much I will volunteer to do anything maths/numbers related still :)

    Do you have any idea what you will choose to focus on in Year 3 yet?

    Mars
    Curling Stones for Lego People


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think it's pretty cool too!
      Yeah I've chosen to focus on respiratory disease and malfunction

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you know what you want to be. You can achieve your dreams. Go for it!

    Mary Montague Sikes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment